Pages

10/1/17

autum, i'm waiting...

It was 78 degrees yesterday.

Seventy. Eight.

Look, I know Kansas can play a little fast and loose with its so-called 'seasonal weather', but this is just...not right. WHERE ARE YOU, FALL?

I just got back from France, where I spent the last five weeks. (We can talk about that in a whole other post, promise.) Although it was surprisingly disgustingly hot in Paris the first week or two that I was there, it cooled off pretty quickly. I definitely got used to wearing sweaters and jackets and hell, I was enjoying it immensely. So yes, I was a little bitter when I stepped out of the Kansas City airport and immediately started sweating.

Unfortunately, I have no control over the weather besides my continuous recycling efforts, so I'm just going to have to wait out this lingering summer heat. To hold me over, I've taken to staring longingly at my computer screen filled with pictures of chunky knits and scarves the size of the kraken.

We'll get there soon. We will.

Until I can start living my sartorial dream without fear of self-induced heat stroke, here are some of the things I've been drooling over...

oversized sweaters



oversized jackets



oversized scarves



[let's be honest, oversized everything]


flannel



layers


Like, so many layers that you just end up looking like a pile of fabric scraps? Now you're singing my song!


I'm lazy so all of these photos can be sourced back to my warm & cozy pinterest board.


Next up, we'll take a look at how my current wardrobe measures up to this inspiration.


PS: Happy October!


No comments:

Post a Comment