Pages

4/25/13

DIY altered book

Not too long ago, I started a journal called an altered book. I used an old hardback book, painted the front and back covers, and started adding things to the inside. Sometimes I just sketched or wrote stuff right over the words on the page. Other times I glued momentos or cutouts from magazines in there. It's kind of part diary, part scrapbook. And it's an ongoing project, which is nice. When I'm bored I can just take it out and work on a few pages. It's a great way to keep memories. So why not give it a try?

front and back covers
song lyrics, fortune from fortune cookie, sketch
favorite quote, tornado (Kansas, holla)
random stuff, quotes
drawings courtesy of my half-siblings
quote and favorite scrapbook paper
quote, favorite wedding dress

Hope this look into my "journal" inspires you to start your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment