Pages

1/27/14

Bits and pieces

Just a few things here and there that have caught my attention over the last week.

I love love LOVE Sherlock. So far season 3 has not disappointed, and The Sign of Three (episode 2) is hands down my favorite Sherlock episode ever. Here are 23 tidbits from that episode that you might have missed.

I am a middle child. Middle children unite!

I can't with this one. I've never been a huge fan of Justin Bieber's music, but his antics over the last year have permanently sealed my distaste of him.



A few years ago I had a somewhat serious conversation with my mom about the books I read. As in, she thought I read too many books from the young adult section and maybe I should branch out into the big person genres. (Okay, sometimes I read adult fiction.) But mostly I like YA books, and I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You like fantasy? Read fantasy! (That's my main course 98% of the time). You like nonfiction? Hit up the library! It. Does. Not. Matter. What's important is that you're realizing the importance of enjoying a good book. All that said, here are 25 YA novels that even adults might find worthy.

I'm an absolute horrid procrastinator, so I will read any and every article about how to possibly remedy this. This one in particular I really related to, and it's definitely worth the read. (And don't forget to read part II).

I rarely listen to the radio so I have a hard time discovering new music. Sometime last year is when I found Ben Howard (I'm not sure how well-known he is), and I love his album Every Kingdom. Keep Your Head Up is my favorite of his.

I'm thinking of getting another tattoo so I've been obsessively looking at different tattoo ideas. This list of 50 nature-inspired tattoos is great. Not all of them are my cup of tea, but I can't deny that they're all gorgeous in their own right. Number 7 is my favorite, I've actually had my eye on that one for a long time. (And if you're more into geometry than nature, check out this list.)


PS - It's a little overdue, but happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment