Pages

6/2/15

Hello, goodbye: back to blogging, closet cleanout

Well it's certainly been quite a long time since I've posted on here.

One reason is because the last eight-ish months have been...eventful, to say the least.

But I think the main reason is because I struggle - struggle with doing one thing consistently and indefinitely. Even things that I truly enjoy. It's not just fashion and blogging; it happens with crochet, guitar, writing, yoga, diets, and planning for the future. (No big deal on that last one, right?)

But I am back and I am delighted.

Whenever I read others' blogs, if they take some kind of hiatus (or something about the blogging suddenly changes), I'm always curious as to what is happening in their life that caused the shift. So when they explain it, even if it's just an overview, I think it's a really great way to connect with people reading the blog on a more personal level (as in Hey! I'm a whole person, not just a fashion blogger! I have other parts of life that are important to me and I want you to get to know this side of me as well!). So that's what I'm going to do.

The very eventful last 8 months year has consisted of:

Me graduating from college, deciding to go back, changing my major 3 times, transferring schools, moving to a new town, getting really sick and going to the hospital, then getting better, and reading lots of books.

Any questions? I'd be happy to elaborate.


BACK TO FASHION-Y STUFF AND WHATNOT:

Over the last week, I have sorted through all my clothes (and I mean all of them): both the clothes I have in my apartment and then about double that amount stashed at my parents'. And I went through every. single. piece.

My "donation" pile (which is actually being taken to Plato's Closet* first because hello I'm broke and if I can get $4 for that $25 dollar shirt I bought and wore once, well by god, I'm gonna do it) contains about half the contents of my wardrobe.

I try to go through my clothes occasionally but I'm so awful at getting rid of anything. Seriously. I have clothes in there that I wore 10 years ago. TEN. (Some even longer than that oops.) I guess I need to learn to let go.

However, there are a few pieces in the giveaway box(es) that I'm on the fence about, and I could use some help making a decision as to whether I should play it safe and keep them or release my death grasp and give my closet some breathing room.


Sweater: Aerie
I'm not sure why I never wear this. It's navy blue (always a good color) with an open knit weave. Sometimes I feel like a tank under an open weave sweater is...I dunno...a tad dated? Maybe not. I try not to care too much about that but sometimes it bothers me. (Second photo is more accurate color.)



Blouse: Banana Republic
I won't lie, I've only worn this twice. Maaaaybe three times. It's so cute, and I'm not usually a ruffles person but these are not twee at all, and also lie pretty flat (which is good because of their location). The only issue I have with it is the neckline. I can't wear a normal bra without the straps sticking out. Sometimes that look works, but not in this case. What to do? (Second photo is more accurate color.)



Tank: Charming Charlie
It's pink, okay? and I don't wear pink. Well, it's technically kind of a peach-y pink. And it has embroidered and appliqued flowers. It's also slightly sheer, which gives me the same problem as in #1. (Second photo is more accurate color.)



So that's that.

It's great to be back, even if I'm just typing into empty space. Hopefully someone somewhere gets something positive out of my blog. And if not, that's cool. It's still fun to write about all my thoughts about fashion, instead of them just swirling in my head annoying me.

Cheers!

*Plato's Closet is a clothing store that sells used clothes/shoes/accessories, usually of a mall-level name brand (like American Eagle). You can take your old (but still in-style) clothes in and they will look through them and decide which they want and then pay you for them. They don't give you a ton of money, maybe 10-20% of the original ticket price, by hey, some money is better than no money.

No comments:

Post a Comment