Pages

9/17/15

absence

I haven't been on here in awhile.

Actually I feel like 50% of the posts I've written over the last year or two have been some variation of "Why I haven't been blogging lately".

The main reason is because I don't like taking photos of myself. And I feel like there's only so much I can write about fashion without actually...showing some of my own ideas as well. I mean, I don't know about you, but almost all the fashion blogs I read include photos of the blogger wearing, in their own way, all the fashion they like to talk about. And since my blog is completely lacking that element...I start to get uninterested in writing about stuff. Or more specifically, I start to think people get uninterested in reading this blog.

The other big reason is that I'm in college, and I spend the majority of my time on campus. And the last thing I want to do before leaving for my 8am class is get all dressed up. Or even half dressed up. Not that I wear pajamas to class (ha god no), but I wear lots of jeans and leggings and tees and sweaters and sweatshirts. I actually love seeing people walking around campus looking all put together and cute and whatnot, but I just don't feel comfortable doing that. Last semester, one day I wore black leggings, a royal blue sweater, a black boyfriend blazer, and black flats to class. And it felt like I was wearing a ball gown. I felt SO overdressed, which is ridiculous, because that outfit is not even remotely dressy. And when I go to work, I have to wear khakis (I effing hate khakis, they are the bane of my existence) and a work tee so...yeah. I'm sure you all are dying to get a glimpse of that hot outfit.

Also - and I'm just throwing around excuses at this point - I haven't yet figured out how to take a good outfit photo. I don't have an actual camera (although my phone camera is pretty good quality, I'm sure it would suffice), and I have no tripod nor loving boyfriend to look at me weirdly while obligingly taking photos of me in random outfits outside on my patio. However, if you have a solution for this particular issue, I would love to hear it.



So why, do you ask, am I once again dragging my sorry butt back to this blog? Well, for one, I still like fashion. And I just started binge-watching previous seasons of Project Runway because, you know, why not? Second, on Wednesday my school had the engineering career fair. And me being a junior means time to get an internship for next summer, which means lets get all purty for this event! If I'm going to spend the time on looking a certain way, then I am not going to go boring or traditional. And I ended up getting a next-day interview with one of the companies (which is in less than 6 hours!), so I had/have not one but two business-y looks to put together this week. I really wanted to document it, because I know a lot of fashion bloggers can wear whatever the hell they want because they are in the business of fashion. However, I am in the business of engineering and some things just won't fly. So I just want to add that particular voice that is not nearly as prevalent to the fashion blogosphere, in case anyone out there wants to hear it.

So I have decided to take photos of both my work outfits - one for the career fair, and one for the interview. I'll upload them tomorrow in a new post. I'm thinking I should probably get more than four hours of sleep before this interview. Yeah? Probably, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment