Pages

2/10/13

DIY or RIP?

This is my purse:


I love my purse very much. It's the perfect size and perfect color, and best of all, I got it for $13. Sadly, I've had it for 4 or 5 years now, and it is not real leather. It's definitely looking worse for wear. Like, BAD.

LEFT straps where the faux leather has started to peel off
RIGHT inside fabric that has ripped from overuse

And a few months ago I tried to find a different purse that I liked as much as this one but nothing really compared. (I realize it's starting to sound like I'm talking about a lover. Yes, I love my purse. No, it does not get to share my bed.) Anyways, the point is I still really love it, and would love to keep it (and would love to not drop $ on a new one). So my question is...should I try to DIY it? This would involve somehow fixing the straps and basically replacing the entire lining (including two side pockets). This would be a lot of DIYing for someone who 1) does not have a ton of free time, and 2) does not have a sewing machine at her disposal. Or is it time to say goodbye to my well-worn purse?

>side note: I'm loving this cotton/jute chevron rug I got at Kohls. I actually bought 3 chevron rugs for my apartment. I never realized I was so chevron-crazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment