Pages

7/2/12

0

My new/old obsession is fashion. It's old in that I've enjoyed obsessing (in varying degrees) over it for the past five years or so. It's new in that I've never really done a whole lot of incorporating my fashion into my everyday life. So that's what I'm starting now.

I love fashion most of the time (sometimes I get a little burned out), and I'm done with the excuses for not displaying that love of fashion.

My most common excuses (for not wearing anything other than jeans and a tshirt):

1. I don't have enough money to buy all the cute stuff I like--true, I'm pretty broke, but I've recently taken a gander at my complete closet and realized I have a lot of clothes that appear in my inspiration photos I've collected over the years. So that excuse is pretty much shot.

2. all the cute clothes I do have don't fit--also true (sometimes), as my weight has fluctuated quite a bit over the last few years, but I am determined to make due with what I have now and, as I drop a few lbs, more of my clothes will start to fit again

3. I feel to "young" to wear a lot of these clothes, like I'm playing dress-up--I think I feel like this mostly because I'm still not used to wearing clothes that don't come from teen-oriented stores; the more I wear mature clothes, the more normal it will feel. I am determined to dress like the (somewhat) adult 23-year-old that I am.

4. it's too hot/cold to concentrate on what my clothes look like--with winter clothing, it's not as much of an issue, but summers in Kansas can be a b!tch, most sane people just want to stick to shorts and tank tops in 115 degree heat. But shorts and tank tops can still be cute and fashionable, and summer nights here cool down enough to bring out even more options.

So excuses PAS PLUS!





my very fashionable moment as a 4-year-old

No comments:

Post a Comment