Pages

7/3/12

Outfit of the day - baby steps

Because today (technically yesterday since it's past midnight) was my first day of trying to look more fashionable and put-together, I thought I'd document it even though it was nothing special (there are bound to be lots of boring outfits in the future too, but hopefully less boring than before).

Baby steps because I still chose something from my closet that i wear pretty often, I just tried to go the extra mile with all the finishings.

Most days this hot I would just stick to shorts or yoga capris and a $2 Hanes tshirt (which are wonderful), but I was surprisingly not uncomfortable in this outfit even in the 100 degree full sun.

EARRINGS: Nordstrom 6.00   SHIRT: Target 8.00   JEANS: Rewind at Kohls 30.00   BRACELET: gift, from Africa
Like I said, not too exciting. But I have to say, those jeans are ahhhhmazing! My sisters and I all have a pair. They're 95% cotton, 5% spandex, so they're quite a bit softer and stretchier than regular jeans but they still hold their shape well. Plus they're easier to wear than full-length jeans in this crazy heat.

Annnnnd of course, can't forget the ubiquitous flip flops:
Old Navy, 2 for $5

I love these because
1. they're super cheap
2. they're super comfy
3. wearing anything but sandals in the summer here sucks
4. I have not yet decided on a cute pair of sandals to get to wear instead
5. did I mention they're cheap?

Am thinking of something like this, for a bit of variety/for something that looks a little nicer:
Payless 20.00


No comments:

Post a Comment