Pages

9/9/12

Beauty wish list

I think, when it comes to fashion, beauty (hair, nails, makeup, etc) is just as important. It can make or break an outfit. If you have on a killer outfit but your nails are grungy (not in a good way) and your hair looks like the bride of Frankenstein (not on purpose), it kills the whole vibe. On the other hand, if your outfit is okay but nothing special, kinda boring or blah, a unique manicure or a good hair day can take it up a notch. Which is why I pay attention to the beauty details. I didn't use to put in that much effort (no nail polish, same hairstyle every day) but once I started changing it up a bit I realized you don't need to change that much to look and feel like you've changed it up a lot (does that make sense?). So most nights you get dressed up you do a smoky eye, but one time you do a strong lip instead. It's fun. It makes everything feel new again, and it expands your beauty horizons. So here's my beauty wish list:


cuticle cream
Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream 6.00
I used this all the time in high school, and every time I got it out my friends wanted to use it. It smells really good and it's cheap. And it lasts a long time. And it's good for your nails. And...you get the idea.


star cluster hairpiece
Rodarte 600, photo
I've seen this hairpiece a few different places/magazines, and it's suuuuuper cute! I think it'd be pretty easy to recreate, I'm sure there are star hairclips out there somewhere, all you'd have to do is use a bunch. 
>So I just checked Target, Walmart, Forever21, and Claire's online and they didn't have any star clips/barrettes, so looks like I'll be making my own, so...challenge accepted! Off to Michael's or Hobby Lobby...


lip mask
Mary Kay 9.50
Around the time I was in middle school, my mom used to buy a lot of Mary Kay stuff, and one thing she bought there was lip mask. It's literally exactly like a face mask, but for your lips. I always used to steal it. It's awesome and it really makes your lips smoother. So I just might have to revisit this.


burgundy lipstick and nail polish
LIPSTICK Revlon Lustrous Black Cherry 4.99     POLISH Essie Wicked 7.75, photo 
I just did a post of my top ten fall wants, and two of the numbers were burgundy and dark lips. I've been looking for a dark burgundy nail polish for ages. Like years. I wanted one that was pretty dark but still light enough to see the color, and one that wasn't too red but not too purple either. Pretty much the same criteria for the lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment