Pages

9/9/12

Taste of fall

The last two months have been super busy, what with moving and work and school, but I finally have my schedule worked out so I'm excited to get back to posting.

I'm also excited because for the last few weeks, fall has been in the air. Sort of. Basically, it's been 80-90 degrees instead of 110. But now that it's starting to cool off a bit, and now that it's September, I've definitely started thinking about fall clothes.

I've always enjoyed fall/winter fashion a bit more than summer fashion. With jackets and blazers and coats and sweaters and tights and boots galore, it just seems that there are more options. There's only so much you can do with a tank top and shorts, you know?

Here's my top ten list for fall:


ONE. quirky print shirt
Forever21 22.80
The actual shirt is okay (I'm not a big fan of elasticized sleeves), but I love the idea of this print.


TWO. motorcycle boots
American Eagle 79.95
I actually first saw these boots last spring, but they were already on clearance and they didn't have my size. All summer I kept my fingers crossed AE would renew them for this fall season so you have no idea how happy I was when I went online last week and voila! they were back. Sometimes certain trends or specific pieces grow on me, and sometimes I'm immediately in love. These are in the latter group.


THREE. printed skirt
LEFT American Eagle 34.99   RIGHT Forever21*
I'm really loving the printed skirt, and I think it'd look just as cute with tights when it gets cooler out.


FOUR. metallic sweater
H&M*
I'm definitely a sucker for anything metallic or sparkly, which I think is interesting because I'm not particularly girly, especially when it comes to clothes/fashion. Apparently glitter is my achilles heel. Anyways, I know some people prefer either silver or gold, but I'm on equally good terms with both.


FIVE. killer heels
Payless 54.99
I'm not going to lie, I don't really frequent the Payless website too much when I'm browsing online for shoes (unless I'm desperate) because I'm usually a bit disappointed when I actually go to the store to try them on (not to say they don't have cute shoes, but a lot of times they aren't as cute in person or they don't have them in the store or they're uncomfortable). I just happened to be on their website to check out some shoes I have to buy for my friends wedding (I'm a bridesmaid. yay.), and I saw these and pretty much started crying from their awesomeness. I love that they'd be wearable throughout the year, and I also like that the heels are a bit chunkier (I think the only way I could not feel nervous about breaking a heel while wearing stilettos is if I weighed -90 pounds).


SIX. printed blazer

I'm not going to lie, I don't remember where I saw this picture. And no, I don't know the designer. But I do know that I like a blazer, and a good print, and of course metallic (see number 4 above) so all combined is pretty much heaven. Great idea especially when the outfit with it is a bit dressier (black cardigans get boring).


SEVEN. printblock minidress
LEFT Nordstrom*     CENTER Nordstrom*     RIGHT Nordstrom Tibi 375.00
I know colorblock has been pretty "in" for a few seasons? years? now, but I called this printblock because the base of the dress is colorblock, but then one of those blocks is given a print. I like it.
>Side note: I could not spend $375 on a dress on my budget, but I'm not opposed to using it for inspiration. The birds are cute, the price is not. Please don't think I shit hundred dollar bills and then buy all this. 


EIGHT. french phrases
ohsoprettythediaries.com
I saw this picture on a blog I really like. The direct link to the post where I saw the shirt is here. Apparently the shirt's from Forever 21, but they don't carry it anymore, at least not online (I already checked). I'm thinking of finding a cute French saying and making my own shirt, but we'll see how much my laziness interferes with that plan.


NINE. burgundy
InStyle September 2012
So along with not being really into wearing pink and rainbows and unicorns and whatnot on my clothing, I'm also not that into bright colors in general. Like, at the moment my closet is organized by color and it looks like:
-big chunk of gray--big chunk of black--big chunk of navy blue--moderate chunk of white--tiny little sliver of yellow/green/red/purple- 
Which is why I like burgundy. It's not really a "summer" color. I'm not the color police or anything, but it just kind of has that fall/winter vibe going on. Plus it's definitely a color, so it keeps my mother happy (if she ever offers to buy clothes for me, she basically refuses to get me something if it's gray/black/navy) and it's muted enough that I don't feel like my clothes are screaming at everyone who looks my way. At first I didn't like the colored skinny jeans trend (actually I'm still not loving it, but it's not burning my eyes anymore either) so I think I might break out of my usual only-blue-or-black-skinny-jeans thing I have going on right now and get some burgundy ones. Yeah, why not.
American Eagle 39.95


TEN. dark lips

Just like above, dark lips seem to work a little better in the colder months. So possibly next time I'm at the store I'll pick up a lipstick or stain and let you know what I think. Now I just need an event to try it out at (8am class = probably not the best time or place).


*I had saved the pictures earlier and was checking for updated prices but I couldn't find them online anymore. I really tried, but I've been staring at the computer screen just a bit too long and needed to stop before I started going blind. Sorry :(

No comments:

Post a Comment